Today is supposed to be “Best Cardio Song”. For me, this changes like the weather! I get bored with the same music over and over again so I’ll give my current Top 5.
5. Bang Bang – Wil. I. Am. – I love the 20’s vibe of this song – it’s on ‘The Great Gatsby’ movie and it’s lovely to get your groove going!
4. Applause – Lady GaGa – I’m a sucker for lyrics, and hearing GaGa sing about crowds cheering for you is just the motivation I need to keep me moving.
3. Blood Pressure – MuteMath – This is my all time favorite band. They’re not widely known, but their music is amazing and they are even better live (we’ve seen them 4 times!)
2. Lose Yourself – Eminem – Going old school for some blood pumping rap. Good motivational message and just enough bpm to get a rhythm going.
1. Work Bitch – Britney – Not a Britney fan, but this song does it for me. Can’t deny those lyrics!
I’m sure by next week, I’ll have a new top 5!
I am always on the lookout for new songs to get me moving! I don’t think I’d ever workout for long without a good beat to keep me going. I was thinking about this yesterday while I was out walking and I thought it’d be a good idea to share with you all what I’ve been listening to lately! So, on Mondays, I’ll share my top three songs of the week! Here goes…
Paramore “Now”. This song is upbeat and makes me want to go faster every time! Not to mention I like what the lyrics mean to me. There’s a line that says “if there’s a future, we want it now”. Reminds me that my future body is what I need to be working on NOW! Like the great Jillian Michaels says, “Transformation is not a future event, it is a present day activity”. Wise words.
One Republic “Counting Stars”. This is a bit slower of a song, but no less motivating! My favorite line: “Everything that kills me makes me feel alive”. ‘Cause working out kills me – in the present moment – but I feel so great afterwards!
And the number one song of my week…
Britney Spears “Work Bitch”. I’ve never been a huge Britney fan. Just hearing her takes me back to the days when I was working in an after school program and the little nine and ten year olds wanted to hear “Oops, I did it Again” on repeat. Uggh. That being said, this song makes me go hard. Nothing like hearing some one say “Look hot in a bikini? You better work bitch”.
There you have it. My top three songs of the week. Please feel free to share some of your workout favorites! I love new music!
Have a great week!